Today is blog action day and I received an email just last night about this. I don't have much by way of content, but I thought raising awareness is not much about content, but lending a voice.
Food is one of the three essentials of life, as anyone would know. There is one fact I learned earlier this year, that has stuck by me and given me much reason to think.
Did you know?
About 30% of the food prepared for human consumption is never consumed!
Now juxtapose with all the hungry people of the world, the children, the elderly and many in between that never will have access to good food. Is our waste warranted?
Here are a few simple actions I pledge:
1. Plan ahead and only buy sufficient ingredients that will not be thrown away because of expiration.
2. Order only the amount of food I know I will be able to eat.
3. Try to cook only the quantity I know I will be able to eat.
4. Try to compost food that will be wasted no matter how many precautions I take.
5. Try to work towards technology and solutions that will help us to a world where hunger is no longer a world problem.
Any other thoughts? Anything else that needs to be pledged?
Post a Comment