Saturday, December 11, 2010

Healthgamescamp, San Francisco is tomorrow, barcamps and more...

Healthgamescamp is a barcamp organized specifically to create digital and non-digital games specifically geared towards creating a positive change in people's health behavior. Any barcamp can be fun and of course this is truly fun for yours truly, so, yes, I am going and I thought I would do a "pre" post.

Of course, some of you are wondering...

Whatever is a barcamp?

In the spirit of open, barcamps have come to be "unconferences" or user-generated conferences. Of course, I could go on and on plagiarizing wikipedia and fatten this post, but I will link it here for you to read. Suffice it to say, the concept of open conferences, run by user generated ideas is a really cool thing. If you wish to disagree...well maybe you should pay thousands of dollars and fly to some island off-season.!

As usual, the first barcamp happened here in Palo Alto, and things have gotten, er big. They have also grown from one field to many. Learn more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp

HealthGamesCamp

HealthGamesCamp is organized by David Schafran, a great acquaintance with experience doing some excellent work for Villagro in India, and Julian Keith Loran of the Innovation Management Institute, whom I am yet to meet.

The idea of this specific unconference is to bring together all kinds of folks ranging from healthcare professionals to policy product managers to mHealth gurus and beyond. Of course, I am not aware of who the attendees are yet, but I will try to do a post-event blog and try to highlight all the exciting things I learn about!

Alright, only a few more hours left..

No comments: